I chose this article because my whole life my grandparents have told me that the “unhealthy saturated fat myth was a lie” and after seeing on our biology test last week that it caused atherosclerosis I decided to see for my self.

This article looks at a couple of experimental studies done in 2016 and 2017 on saturated fat. They came to the conclusion that the consumption of saturated fat saw little to no association with the development of atherosclerosis and coronary heart disease. They actually found that the consumption of polyunsaturated fatty acids and carbohydrates seemed to pose a greater risk for developing these diseases. This article describes a meta analysis of a number of studies researching this topic which I believe is one of the best ways to prove something. The articles also talks about the over exaggeration of cholesterol in the diet as the cholesterol in your body is tightly regulated by the body, especially if you’re young, and you need a lot of it to function properly. It also talks about the power of exercise in preventing these diseases –  it states that even a brisk walk each day can have a dramatic effect on insulin levels. Do you like butter? Do you like hamburgers, or even coconuts? Research  shows that there is no issue consuming them, so munch away. if you want to do more research here are 2 more articles touching upon the same findings(article1 article2)